So, in between blizzards on the East Coast, I had the second biopsy on the nodule on my thyroid.Read More
...Here I go again, she sings. The 2nd biopsy of my thyroid nodule is finally here, five months after the 6.8cm nodule (along with several smaller ones) was discovered and biopsied the first time.
Oh no! It's not called Here I Go Again - it's called Here You Come Again! Talk about a double-dyslexic attack...But I get such a kick out of Dolly I'm leaving it.
There is good news.
- I feel fine, always have. No thyroid malfunction.
- The nodule is noticeably smaller (tho it’s still there, and tho who knows if I have normalized the cells, as I visualize in my meditations – spreading out the fried egg-like cells so they’re not overlapping, clearing up the yolks of the nuclei).
- I’ve really, really enjoyed this blogging, how it’s widened my focus and that of Hope Sings to include music, inspiration and wellness/healing.
After 5 months of -
- weekly acupuncture,
- major diet modification,
- daily meditation/visualization/blockage-specific yoga,
- vocalizing –
- not to mention the pricey electrified waters –
(maybe I should have seen a gypsy...oops...)
After all that, I wonder: how did I do?
(And I also wonder how much I’ll blame myself if I didn’t do well enough, which my pal Holly B brought up. Will I feel like a failure if the nodule is still too big to leave alone and more likely the cells are cancerous - a 2nd data point the biopsy will give).
My dear friend Gail (anesthesiologist, passionate lover of life and founder of an awesome social enterprise, Spiralis Ventures) reminded me of another, perhaps even more important healing factor I hadn’t recognized:
all the prayers, positive thoughts and support I’ve received
from family, friends, practitioners and total strangers over the past months.
And that may be the best “treatment” of all. LOVE.
So if you are so inclined, on Tuesday February 11 at 8:45 am EST – send a little love wave up to Mt. Kisco NY and yours truly.
I am not scared of the procedure or the results, not at all. But I am sooooooo curious.